Liebster Award Nomination & 10 Random Facts About Me
10 Random Facts About Me
- I have taken a total of 10 days of Spanish school. 5 days when I was in Spain and then another 5 days when I volunteered in Costa Rica. I will likely not understand you if you try speaking Spanish to me.
- I won an $100 IKEA gift card at a karaoke competition as a child. I sung Superstitious by Stevie Wonder.
- I used to be in competitive gymnastics as a kid. My best apparatus was the beam and my worst was the uneven bars.
- I’ve been playing piano since I was 4 years old and stopped taking lessons during my first year of high school. I made it to grade 10, which is the final level of piano in the Royal Conservatory of Music.
- I suffered a really bad concussion and soft tissue damage in my neck and upper back from a snowboarding accident months before graduating high school. I don’t think my ability to focus has been the same since.
- I used to upload song covers with my friends onto YouTube under the channel name, The Yellow and Brown (I know, questionable name…). We called ourselves that because 2 of us were Asian and one was Indian.
- I performed Bollywood dance on live local television a few years ago to promote a fundraiser put on by a non-profit I used to work for.
- I lived in 5 different homes with my family within the same city while growing up in Vancouver, BC. My parents really loved moving (and upgrading).
- According to the Jung Personality Test I took last year, I am 52% extroverted and 48% introverted.
- I have a dog named Lewis who lives back home in Vancouver with my parents. He is a maltipoo who is 10 years old now, but looks like he’s 5. I miss him dearly.
- Danielle from Danielle in Wanderland
- Megan from Megco.Adventures
- Chidera from The Midtime
- Anna from 101 Food Travel
- Amanda Elize from Raising at Home
As part of the Liebster Award tradition, I’d love to specifically highlight a blog that I’ve been following and look up to. While not a new website, Nomadic Matt started as a small-time blogger like the rest of us. His website, which offers guides and a plethora of affordable travel trips and stories, has honed a large and impressive following. Matt is now a New York Times best-selling author of How to Travel the World on $50 a Day. His path has totally inspired me and I highly suggest checking his work out.
Did any of my random facts surprise or intrigue you? Let me know in the comments!