How to Get a Spectacular Free Oakland Harbor Tour
I went on a beautiful – and educational – free Oakland harbor tour on Friday night thanks to the Port of Oakland. The Port is offering free harbor tours twice a month from May – October for the third year in a row and I cannot recommend it enough. The views of the bay and San Francisco are stunning (especially as the sun sets) and learning about all the business and trade that occurs in the harbor was eye-opening and worthwhile. The tour features guest speakers from different companies that operate in the Port.
The tour is very family oriented, but is great for friends and couples as well. We even witnessed a proposal a couple rows behind us! How romantic.
How to get your free Oakland harbor tour tickets:
- Click here for a list of tour dates.
- Tickets and registration becomes available the Monday at 7pm before each tour (always on Fridays at 6:45pm).
- I suggest logging on right at 7pm to get your tickets because they sell out quick! I logged on an hour after to see if I could get additional tickets for friends, but it was already sold out.
Tips for your free Oakland harbor tour:
- Dress warmly! The tour takes place from 6:45-8:15pm so you’ll be losing the sun and the winds are strong in the Bay.
- Arrive at 6:15pm to check-in, as your registration email will state, so that you can get a seat on the boat.
- The entrance is the same entrance used by the ferry (address is 10 Clay Street) in Jack London Square.
Enjoy your free harbor tour!
Pictures from the free harbor tour:
Thanks for reading! Let me know your thoughts about the free harbor tour in the comments section!